The dish is gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free, meaning that it won’t leave you feeling lethargic or bloated after iftar.
Large sweet potato
1 teaspoon dried coriander
1 teaspoon organic mixed herbs
1 teaspoon zaatar
1 teaspoon sumac
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees celsius.
2. Slice your potato into thin pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle everything except for the zaatar and sumac, and toss lightly making sure your potato slices are perfectly seasoned.
4. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, making sure not
to overcrowd, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Let the potatoes cool for five to 10 minutes, then sprinkle with zaatar and sumac.
6. Enjoy with your choice of dipping sauce.
The nation press